Writers should never not write

 "Gimme a Break?" - please don't!

Writers should never not write

If you've started to write, then you can't afford too long a pause. I'm totally talking from experience so you can take it or leave it.

It was at first a compulsory break, I lost my phone, which was my writing tool. "It's not going to be a big deal, all I have to do is continue to write after I get my phone back......" So I thought, but it didn't quite work like that 😁

You can't simply expect to snap back into writing after a long break, I thought I could. But I'd lost the fervor, I found it so hard to get back to the routine. Undisciplined me, I would promise to write and then I would not write, but of course, there were things to blame it on, I didn't feel inspired to write bla bla bla. And I'm sincerely telling myself now, that I was just being undetermined (and that's me trying to avoid calling myself 'Lazy')

It works this way with a lot of things, not just writing, as I later came to discover. Never take a break from what you should be doing, expecting to snap back easily. Once you've created a routine, you better follow it, just continue, you can reduce the pace, but no stopping, no pause, no breaks.  Consistency is always important.

What I should have done was, to continue writing in other ways while I was expecting another phone. I wasn't used to writing on paper, because of the stress of editing, seeing a rough work, where I could just delete and rephrase on my phone. I should've shrugged out the lazy feeling and never should've stopped writing. 

If the excuse is, no inspiration. Then, I should've taken my own advice here and written about anything at all. But, a BREAK? NAH!!!!!

Learned the hard way

Read extensively about whether breaks are good for writers here.


Welcome back! Tunmife is back!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I hate him! I wish he'd just die!

I lost my phone AGAIN! Why ME?