It's not just Nigeria;, it's not just policemen, what about you?


Let us know who you are

I had reason to travel, once upon a time (not too long ago), and as the bus I was in, reached a police checkpoint, I saw the driver had squeezed an amount of money and stretched his hand out the bus towards the policeman who was supposed to 'check' us. I watched as the policeman 'secretly' collected the money and pocketed it, it was so fast, you wouldn't believe anything occurred, if you weren't already watching like I was.

Not too long after that, I watched again as we approached another checkpoint and the driver this time, brought out a 500 naira note, now obviously this is big money, so the driver had to linger for some 'change', I saw as this policeman searched his pocket for 'change' for our driver, without an iota of shame. I mean, I couldn't see any sign of "I shouldn't even be doing this" on his face, none at all. When he couldn't find 'change', he beckoned, sorry, shouted at another policeman that he should give our driver 'change', so our driver drove towards this man, who also turned out to not have 'change', but at last he got 'change' from the third policeman and we could peacefully continue our journey.

That episode continued to play in my mind even after we left that place, not just because they were in the wrong, but more because of how open/shameless they were, like it was totally part of their job. Then, I started thinking, "isn't there at least one Christian policeman here?", "Hmm anyways, what can he do if he's not the boss there?" And just like that, I had given a Christian a reason not to shine his light! Imagine🤷

I thought about how difficult it may be for someone who wants to do right, to do it in a society where 'wrong' is the norm, I thought about what would happen if he tries to oppose his co-workers, they'd definitely make it 'hell on earth" for him. But is there reason enough to NOT shine our light? What do you think?

🙂 For a while there, you thought I was going to lambaste policemen, and maybe I'm doing that but I'm not so about them as I'm about ME, about YOU. Have you been giving yourself reasons to not stand alone/out? Orrr, you're the type that intends to silently do your own thing, you won't join them but you're not against them?

It may be at your own workplace, it may be among your classmates, it may be among your friends, it may even be among fellow 'christians'. Have you been letting darkness win in your own little corner?

Lemme drop this one on you, if they are doing wrong and you won't join them, better you let them know.
If you don't speak against the evil you see, highest bet is that you'd soon join them

It's only a matter of time before you won't look any different from them. Dare to stand alone, dare to stand out.

See, evil people are not shy to be evil, why should it be the light-carriers that will be hiding?

Then again, maybe that's not the real issue, maybe the real issue is that you don't even have 'light' to shine🤔

Think about it.

I wrote this right there on the bus, I know it's a pathetic attempt at poetry but it was necessary.
How can I stand out?🤷
They are more
Way more, infact
I'm alone, so how
How can I?

I'm not the boss here, It seems
I'm a 'minor' and sincerely
Who is 'one' compared to 'all'?
I'm the 'one' among 'all'

How can I survive?
I love good, I know good
I want to show good, but evil is more
How is it that 'Right' does not sound right anymore?
'Wrong' is the new 'Right'
But how,
How can darkness be the new light?

The more I think it
The more I know it shouldn't be
Isn't it said, that light always supercedes darkness?
That darkness can never comprehend light?

The more I think it
The more I'm compelled to believe
It is not so
Cos there's light, there's light and
There's still so thick a darkness
Or.... Isn't it light?
Is it it's lookalike?

Gracie Tunmife

Forgive me for defiling literature, it's for an important reason, so just humor me.

#it shouldn't be possible to hide light. We'd continue this topic on another post as God would help me.

Thanks for reading up, my wonderful people who always read to the end, I love you!😍 You don't read to the end, that means you won't even see this, buh I love you too🤩

Friends, do not forget to like, comment and share. Most importantly, comment and let me know your take on the topic. Subscribe too! Thanks

If you read this to the end, it's because you're awesome, take 🤗 and 😘


Comments

  1. I think the question is how many of us are willing to do right in our own little corners no matter how small it may be? Seems like we’ve all mostly gotten to the point where we think it doesn’t matter…
    The police thing,i had the same experience too while traveling yesterday, at every checkpoint… God help us but may we respond to His help

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Lord help us all as lights of the world to shine to the world. Thanks for writing this..More Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly Sis, and it matters!
    May God truly help us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, thanks Bro

    ReplyDelete
  5. […] hen, People of God, back to real talk, in my last post Let’s know who you are, I talked about my experience on the road and how a Christian who really, actually, truthfully has […]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings! I’ve been following your site for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gracieblogs_pf0jcqMay 28, 2019 at 9:50 PM

    Thank you!
    I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get The Best Value in Pro Email Marketing Tools.$0 to Start!

    Try GetResponse risk-free for 30 days: https://www.interactivewise.com/bestvalue

    It's never been easier to connect with your audience and drive success for your business.

    For 20 years, GetResponse has been a market leader helping over 1,000,000 entrepreneurs and small businesses accelerate their growth through powerfully-simple email marketing tools and expertise.

    Start accelerating your growth today: https://www.interactivewise.com/bestvalue

    Best regards,

    Gerda Navo


    * Unsubscribe: send text "don't"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I抣l be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was very happy to seek out this web-site.I wanted to thanks to your time for this excellent learn!! I undoubtedly enjoying every little bit of it and I've you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have figured out some significant things through your site post. One other stuff I would like to convey is that there are several games available on the market designed specifically for preschool age young children. They incorporate pattern acknowledgement, colors, animals, and models. These usually focus on familiarization rather than memorization. This makes little kids occupied without having a sensation like they are learning. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I hate him! I wish he'd just die!

I lost my phone AGAIN! Why ME?