How wicked can God be?


How wicked can you be?

"See me, see trouble o🤷, there's no food anywhere, the land is dry, people are broke. Myself, I've been managing the food we had left in the house, we've been eating it (my child and I) little by little, just once per day, there's no 'eating to get satisfied' now o, there's only 'eating to stay alive', and this man is asking me for food, as if he doesn't know what's going on in the country. Anyways, me I just told him that this is the last on me, this is the last food I have, I intend to bake this little thing (flour), myself and my child will eat it and get ready to die, because we have absolutely nothing left, nothing at all after this...... and guess what he replied, "...make mine first, then you can make for yourself and your child" 🤣, it's funny isn't it? I'm not even going to try to analyze the wickedness embedded in that statement.
All I explained to this man meant nothing to him, I just explained to him that we don't even have enough for ourselves, instead of leaving it alone,🤨 he's still asking me to make for him. But, but.... that's not even the most annoying part, he said that I should bake his first, after which I can then make for myself, hehehe, just where am I supposed to get it from?
Ah ah, this is the height of insensitivity,😡 and to think he is actually a prophet, what's it with all these demanding prophets these days sef?"🤷

I'm just thinking about what would've been my reaction if I was the woman who Prophet Elijah asked for bread (bread to be made from my last batch of flour). How in the world, do you expect me to ignore the fact that I've not eaten and feed you first?


Prophet Elijah wouldn't sound as insensitive, if he didn't specifically say the woman should prepare his own meal first, and I'm sure nowadays majority of responses would sound like mine, but everytime I read that part of the scripture, I'm surprised at the woman's reaction. Even though, she had told this prophet what was up, how she had only the last batch of flour and oil left, he didn't pay attention to her story, his response was for her to still go bake the bread and "bake his first!".

1kings17:12-13 (NLT)
"But she said, I swear by the Lord your God that I don't have a single piece of bread in the house, and I have only a handful of flour left in the jar and a little cooking oil in the bottom of the jug. I was just gathering a few sticks to cook this last meal, and then my son and I will die."

Here's Elijah's reply:

"Don't be afraid, go ahead and cook that 'last meal' but bake me a little loaf of bread first. Afterward, there will still be enough for you and your son"

How many times have we given explanations, when God demands that we treat His case first? The scripture says, "seek you FIRST, the kingdom of God and his righteousness....." and it didn't stop there, but like Elijah's case, there's a promise, "every other thing shall be added unto you"

A lot of times, it has been demanded of us to consider God FIRST, what does our reaction show? "Is it showing our anger at God / our disappointment in God, that He could be that insensitive OR it is showing our belief in God's ability.

The scripture has it recorded that the woman explained no further, but went straight away to do as the prophet asked. Even though, she knew how much flour she had left, how it could barely feed her own family, she believed the words of the prophet, ".. Afterward, there will still be enough for you and your son"

Verses 15 (MSG)
"And she went right off and did it, did just as Elijah asked. And it turned out as he said--daily food for her and her family"

This one is 'amazing Faith', faith that what the prophet said would be true, that she would prepare the prophet's meal FIRST and still have enough to feed her family. FAITH!

For some of us, our delay in responding to God's call, has been because we're afraid that if we do that first, we may have to starve, so we are busy trying to gather sticks to "bake the last bread" to feed ourselves and our family (sometimes, I find myself in this class) We just want to make our future "sure". There's an encouragement/motivation for us, "every other thing, shall be added unto you". Please believe, and delay no longer.

For some of us, we are actually responding to the request, but we're not doing it "just as Elijah asked..." We are trying to do it in our own wise way (the two at the same time), so that things can work out on both sides for us. It's a challenge today, please, do not continue that way, He has to be FIRST place, you can't choose God alongside other things. No! He has to be FIRST and expect all those other things to eventually fall in place.

For some of us, we're not even giving ear at all, we're totally about our own business, how long will you continue? When the flour and oil gets exhausted, (which definitely will), what're you going to do then? You can't successfully take care of yourself by yourself. Let God do it, let Him take care of you, for you.

But first of all, first out of all, put Him first. GOD FIRST!

God bless you.







Recommended song: GOD FIRST by J.Moss
LYRICS:
I've been to many places
What I see
Is people believe in anything
We have separated ourselves from spiritual reality
Yes we did
(We can't afford to turn our faces away from the son of God, who He gave by Grace)

Brothers, don't be too money hungry
Keep God first
Anything that you're looking for
He's got it, got it
Sisters, keep your body body
Love God first
He'll please you in ways men can't
Don't doubt it, doubt it







Friends, do not forget to like, comment and share. Most importantly, comment and let me know your take on the topic. Subscribe too! Thanks

If you read this to the end, you're awesome, take 🤗 and 😘






Comments

  1. Let the dead bury the dead; but you, follow me! That is what i hear God say today. And He is emphatically saying further that the king’s business requires haste – my response should be prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I must respond promptly. Thank God and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were in the shoes of that woman, my first reaction would tilt more towards the reaction written in italics in this post than towards the woman's (widow of Zarephathe) reaction.

    I mean, this is the age of reason, isn't?!
    And that's how most of us miss out on God's blessings.
    Thanks for sharing, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly, we find it easier to question things and logically consider them (because we're humans) rather than doing them just because God wants it. That's not faith though. May God help us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great info and straight to the point. I am not sure if this is truly the best place to ask but do you guys have any ideea where to hire some professional writers? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to be more than happy to seek out this internet-site.I wished to thanks for your time for this excellent learn!! I positively having fun with each little bit of it and I've you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm..... GOD FIRST.
    Thats deep.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I hate him! I wish he'd just die!

I lost my phone AGAIN! Why ME?