I don't know what to write, help me! 3 things to do to get over "Writer's block"



Welcome to 'Blogging with Tunmife'


Hmmm, "Writer's block" don't we all experience it?

I've been thinking over the last few days, what exactly to write and you know what, my brain turned up blank each of those times and even right now you can tell that I don't yet know exactly where I'm going with this post, orrrr..... Maybe you can't 😄



I have been putting off posting on my new blog, everyday since the last week because I felt I didn't have something profound to say. Imagine! (I know you can already tell I'm profound 😜)

So I was sitting up on my bed, (I was s'pposed to be sleeping), some minutes to this time, and what was I thinking? I was thinking to myself,

'Grace, you started a blog, because you thought you had a voice to be heard, but you've not written anything in days',

sound like your thought recently? as I went up and down in my thoughts, I got fed up of waiting, so... I was like

'You know what, Grace? Anything' I said to myself

'Just write something Grace, afterall you can afterwards decide not to publish it, so what's the harm?'

And truly what's the harm? There's no harm in trying, there's a lot of people who are in this situation, maybe you're not there now, but you may be, in the future. So... Let's take notes, that'll be our first point.

1. Just start writing: Write about anything, what you can see, what you cannot, ramble if you like, it's for good at the end of the day 🤷...

Have you done that?

You're going to be shocked at my second point 😲, and that is...

2. Check your write up: Boom! You have a whole page of nothing, but wait... Is it really nothing? It can't be! We're not dumb people, we couldn't have written a full page of total nonsense. The next thing I'd ask you to do therefore, is, check what you've written, there must be something you can pick, something of meaning, a feeling, an observation? Anything.
No! Don't look up, we don't give up, check it again, ha! You found it! I told ya🤷

3. Edit your write up: Now, all you need to do is, edit, of course you have to edit what you've written, take out what is actually trash from what you thought was trash, hehehe
There you have it, your very own brilliant piece!

And there, I just wrote one myself!

If you read this post, super thanks to you.
I'd from now, write on any topic, any thing at all that comes to my mind, remember to revisit for more brilliant posts, (not necessarily about 'writing'),
I t's Blogging with Tunmife and we talk LIFE.

Comments

  1. And I actually didn't know I'd write anything meaningful that day o. I'm happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess OluwafikunayomiJanuary 20, 2019 at 9:08 AM

    True, do happens to me. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy! I understand this is somewhat off-topic however
    I had to ask. Does operating a well-established blog such as yours require a massive amount work?

    I'm brand new to writing a blog but I do write in my diary daily.

    I'd like to start a blog so I can share my experience and thoughts online.
    Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for new aspiring bloggers.
    Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a topic that is near to my heart...
    Many thanks! Exactly where are your contact details though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks you too! You can check the menu drop-down for my contact details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a good thing that you'd like to start a blog, I'm relatively new to this too, but I can tell you that it doesn't take much amount of work, at least to start.
    Like you, I wanted a blog to share my experiences and thoughts online, and I didn't have too much money, but then I also didn't want something totally free, cause I believed it would help me to be disciplined and not abandon the blog. So.... I searched for hosting sites with cheap plans, most especially plans that would allow monthly payments, because I felt I could keep up with that rather than a whole year down. And I found quite a few, but I went for this one, it allowed monthly payments and was very stress free. There's a website-builder, WordPress is preinstalled and other benefits. You can check out the different options on the website,

    https://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?2367749

    there are options for the rich and the'not so rich'😃. That's my own referral link though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post is a different look at an old issue. TY! I will be sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic. I need to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this info for my mission.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurrah, that's what I was seeking for, what a material!
    existing here at this website, thanks admin of this web site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and will often come back later on. I want to encourage you continue your great work, have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I抣l immediately grab your rss feed as I can not find your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you've any? Please let me know in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for any other informative web site. Where else may just I am getting that kind of info written in such an ideal method?
    I have a project that I am just now operating on, and I have been at the look out for
    such info.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning
    this post and also the rest of the website is extremely good. https://www.nlrbfcu.org/crypto-master-course-review/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, I've recently been looking for information about this subject for a long time and yours is the best I have came upon till now. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you certain in regards to the source?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heya this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a sea shell and gave
    it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell
    someone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there colleagues, its enormous piece of writing concerning tutoringand fully explained, keep it up all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there it's me, I am also visiting this site on a regular basis,
    this site is actually nice and the viewers are truly sharing good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You really make it seem so easy along with your presentation but I to find this topic to be
    really one thing that I feel I might never understand. It
    seems too complicated and extremely huge
    for me. I'm having a look forward in your next publish, I
    will attempt to get the grasp of it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you're truly a excellent webmaster. The site loading velocity is amazing.

    It kind of feels that you are doing any unique trick.
    Also, The contents are masterpiece. you've performed a
    excellent process in this topic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I hate him! I wish he'd just die!

I lost my phone AGAIN! Why ME?