It's a New Year!

Write a Vision


Happy New Year my people. 

Indeed the lord is good and merciful as to making us to see the new year, as unworthy as we are. 

Sincerely, all I understand of God's mercy is that I'm undeserving of it, asides that, I don't get why He shows me His mercy. But He does, shouldn't I be grateful? I am very grateful, you should be too.

That said, usually in a new year, People talk about New Year Resolutions. And many people build a list of resolutions that may not be of deep consequence. I mean, things like 'this year, I want to see more sights, visit more places....' 'I want to eat more fruits this year and complete all my favourite shows....'. While it may not be bad that you want to do those things, is it at least for a greater good?

I believe that a man, particularly one who has given himself to Christ, should not create vain lists of resolutions or plans, they should be things that will benefit the kingdom of Christ, or at least that will help him grow to be a better Christ-follower.

So yes, I believe that goals are necessary for the year. You don't want to live a purposeless year. If you've gotten a word from God about the year, like "Oh, this year is going to be a year of glorious Enlargement". You need to also ask Him what he will want you to do to actually get that 'enlargement'. There are little things you've got to be doing on your part, pieces of puzzle, you need to put together daily to achieve the big picture at the end of the year.


I'm not saying your plans should only be

"I want to reach more souls this year, with the gospel"
(I hope I'm not assuming for you that, that is actually on your plan in some form or sort? Please add it, if it wasn't). God is very concerned about every aspect of our lives, so it could be about your business, it could be that you want to learn more skills that will be relevant to your work. It's all important.

But first, have you taken a look at last year's list? How many was achieved? 

This is why it's important to put your plans down in writing, I can admit that if I didn't put down my plans, I wouldn't even remember by mid-year that I planned to do some of those things in the beginning of the year.

Guys, I picked up my plan at the end of last year and discovered I slacked on most of them. Like, there were things on there that I didn't even remember I wanted to do. 

Hey, don't kill yourself if you're like me. You can continue from where you stopped if there's still need for it. But make a decision this time to do better. Don't make a plan and forget it, actually get on to achieving it.

God will be our strength through this year, no matter what comes. It will not take us off our feet. 

I love you all, but of course, God loves you more. Stay blessed.

Andddd while you're here, please check out my previous posts. Read and comment always 🙏🏽

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I hate him! I wish he'd just die!

I lost my phone AGAIN! Why ME?