The one who was Caged!

Caged one

Eni-agbala

What is this I hear from your mouth?
A tale of how Eru-iku wants you back?
He's sorry he ever let you go?
He really wants to be with you again?

Eni-agbala!
What is that I see in your eyes?Longing?
Regrets about leaving Eru-iku?
Wait! Uncertainty?
You don't know if you want him back too?

Eni-agbala!
Have you so quickly forgotten?
Really, how can you?
Ah, but I would remind you Eni-agbala

Eru-iku played games, and you were his pawn
He did with you as he so wished
Ah ah, how can you say you want to go back?

Remember, Eni-agbala
How you cried yourself to sleep so many nights
He'd made you do things you didn't want to do
And you felt rotten inside

That particular night, you screamed out for help
You were tired of the pain you felt
And the shame that came after
Have you forgotten?

You were a total nobody
When Ore-ọfẹ found you
He heard your screams that night
And he ran to save you
He had always been lurking around, stalking you
You were the one who didn't pay him attention
He healed you of all the hurts Eru-iku caused you

In so little time, a lot had changed about you
You were glowing
Ore-ọfẹ made you his queen
And you were loving it

What happened in-between, Eni-agbala
Ore-ọfẹ is so worried about you
He says he can feel you pulling back
That you don't let him hold you as he used to
When he wants to hug you, that you hold back
He can feel a strain between you and it's hurting Him

Eni-agbala, but you know you're everything to Ore-ọfẹ
You know he'd give anything to be with you
Why do you hurt him so?
He's the best thing that happened to you, and you know it

Eni-agbala....
Eru-iku does not mean anything he's saying
He just has a way with words
Isn't that how he always got you to do his bidding, even then?
But they were all empty words

He misses the power he had over you
To kick you here and there as he wanted
But you escaped from that
Do you want to go back?

Eni-agbala, come back!
I can see Eru-iku from here!
He's holding that cage he had you in again!
He's going to use it, if you should reach him.

Eni-agbala!
The eyes I see from here are not loving!
They are filled with determination!
Eru-iku will not let you go, this time!
He's prepared to consume you!

Run to the arms of your lover
and there take refuge!
Ore-ọfẹ's arms are wide open




Can you give me a conclusion, Fam?

Yoruba words

Eni-agbala - The one who was saved

Eru-iku - Fear/Death

Ore-ọfẹ - Grace

I once wrote a letter to my ex (Eru-iku), but I lost it. Letter was full of words that would make him know, I don't miss him, but I lost it🀷🏽‍♀️

I'd make sure I write another

Would you write one too? To your lover (Ore-ọfẹ)

Please, been long I saw your comments. Down below 😁, I want to see them o.

Comments

  1. Thank you for reminding me of how beautiful God’s grace is.

    Well done, may your river of words never dry up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you too, Favour.
    God's grace is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful one darling, I love the way you played with words here too.
    It’s making me feel like writing o and it is a timely reminder too.
    More grace and wisdom to you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Bae❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. This piece is just so awesome!!…. The storytelling technique just made it all the more beautiful and easy to comprehend…… May we never go back to our vomits for whatever reason…
    Gracie, God bless you even more for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen! Important prayer o.
    Thank you 😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thank God for his Grace. We have it in abundance, if people can just see this, know and acknowledge this, life will be a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tell you Bae! So much better. Thank God for Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I hate him! I wish he'd just die!

I lost my phone AGAIN! Why ME?