Let's know who you are



Unwanted Proposition


"Hey Gift, How far na?" (How are you), Tina strolled into the room.

"I'm fine..." Gift replied her friend absentmindedly and Tina noticed, but she decided to ignore her friend's 'downing' spirit, she had great news for Gift.

"Guess what!"

"What?" Gift asked in a bored kind of way. she was really in no mood for games, neither did she think she was interested in what Tina had to say (she only put up with her most of the time). But Tina will always ignore her obvious disinterest.

"I got someone for you.." She said excitedly.

Gift had absolutely no idea what Tina was going on about,

'What was Tina talking about? Someone for her?!

Our lady continued though,

"This man is fine and riiich" she dragged out the 'rich'.

Now, Gift was just plain confused

"And trust me, he'd give you anything, I mean, every single thing you want..."

She droned on as she gesticulated with her hands, as if to describe how big "everything" in the world is.

'Wait, wait, wait.... Is she saying what I think she's saying?'

Gift's mind had begun to catch up with what Tina was saying 😐

'Doesn't she know who I am? Does she think I'm like her?'

To say she was surprised is to understate things, she was shell-shocked.

Tina continued her own talk, completely ignorant of what was going through her friend's mind

".....and in fact, he's a very nice man, all he needs is a night with you."

Tina was talking like someone who sincerely just wanted to help her 'friend'

But Gift? She was dumbfounded, sincerely tongue-tied, exactly what did Tina think of her? She's a Christian. She didn't swing that way at all, why would Tina proposition her so?

Now let's pause, really, why would a friend proposition her friend that way if she knew her friend never swings that way?

I dunno what answer you're coming up with on your own side.

It seems to me though, that it must be that the friend really, sincerely does not know🙎🏽‍♀️ (that her friend doesn't swing that way)

Which begs the question, "Why will your friend not know what you stand for?" You must either be a coward or a person who's got no stand/ard.

Which are you?

There's this thing I always say "Speak about what you stand for, act like what you stand for if you don't want "Ilokulo' (stupid propositions)"

Don't expect that people would magically know what you believe and stand for. No, say it in words and actions.

Maybe Gift is the quiet type who isn't really assertive and finds it easier to just nod her head in agreement with what she doesn't agree with just to keep the peace.

Therefore, days when Tina and other friends would chat for long periods about guys and men who are old enough to give birth to them, talking about how they fend for themselves with the money they got from sleeping around. She just nodded and even laughed at some of their dirty jokes.

Days when she would complain about not having money, about her broke status, as if to say, that they should get her their kind of life.

She didn't know that subconsciously, she was registering it on their minds that "this girl is like us... Or at least, she would like to be"

When she should've preached to them, she kept quiet ni o, when she should have rebuked their dirty language, she laughed along. Why then, is she shocked now that Tina thought they were alike?

Maybe deep down, they really are alike🤔

I can't paint every possible scenario of how you might have been hiding your light. But I'm sure you know by now.

It's a challenge for us, we cannot continue to be complacent. Uhnuhn, rara o, mbanu, no no, God expects better!

Matthew 5:14-16 KJV
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

[15] Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. [16]

Friends, please do not forget to like (see that star button down there? the blue colored one? Yeah, that's the 'like' button, please do well to click it if you like a post, comment please (don't be afraid to comment 🙏 I like to get your views on the topic too!) and share! But most importantly, comment and let me know your take on the topic. Subscribe too! (The subscribe button is somewhere below)

I love you, always!

The lot of you that actually read up, I love you special😘

Comments

  1. God bless. This post was directed to me. Keeping quiet is something i am many times guilty of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please can I share this piece from you? It’s helpful and informative advice worth sharing! My followers would want to read this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some genuinely nice stuff on this internet site, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This personally blessed me. SHINE THE LIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God o, thank God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I hate him! I wish he'd just die!

I lost my phone AGAIN! Why ME?