Behind the scenes



Just a Seed of Thought

Cole and his friends were on their way home from school and as had become their custom, they paused at A.D.T supermarket to get some edibles (some things to snack on), there was these pair of sneakers that was currently in vogue, they would get themselves a pair each, some new shirts because...ah (man must not be caught 'unfresh'), and some other junks that they didn't really need and that some of them couldn't actually afford, but would always get anyways, because... well, Cole would pay.

He always did, whatever he bought, he got the same for each of his friends too and he had quite a lot of them friends. What? He did not have a problem with it, after all he had the money 🤷🏽‍♂️ errrm... actually..his father did but he didn't think that made any difference.. (my Father's money, my money) that was what he'd always told himself.

Besides, if his father should die, everything, cancel that, almost everything would be his. It would have been everything, if it wasn't for that his good for nothing Brother, Gabe. Sometimes, he wondered how they were even related, the guy could as well be the dumbest person he knew. Sometimes he couldn't help but wish he had no brother or at least that he was the firstborn, that way, he could have the greater say over their Father's wealth when he finally dies.

But wait a minute, why did he even have to wait, until his father died? These things would eventually be his, so why not enjoy now when he had the strength to?..... Aha, there's what he was going to do and he would do it as soon as he got home.



I have always wondered about the story of The Prodigal Son and just really had to see it this way because how does a man simply get up one day and decide, "hey, it's rebellion time!" It seemed like that, everytime Luke15:11-32 was read, but I came to realize that, that singular action that might have shocked his Dad, was a result of some 'inactions' that had already taken place in his mind. That boy had probably been thinking towards this action months before it was manifested. He'd been thinking, "My Dad is crazily rich and.... maybe he doesn't hold back from giving me what I ask for but... I can't do exactly what I want with it, under his nose" The flash of a little thought, that might have come to anyone in that situation, but he began to nurture it and allowed it to fester, he wasn't comfortable under his Dad's monitoring eyes, didn't realize how protected he was under all that 'monitoring'. He grew calculative, "if my Dad's possessions was to be shared, we're only two sons, my share would be massive, oh my Gosh...😳 I'd be crazily rich too! Man.... what life-living, if I had that load to myself."


A man's love for money and for 'freedom', starts from a seed of thought that he has decided to nurture.

This son must have thought that his share would last forever, maybe it could have if he was okay with it under the shadow of his Dad, but that much load unfortunately, became worthless outside the protective fence of his Dad. He gave room for this seemingly innocent seed to grow, till it became full-blown danger.


*Many times, when a youth takes a decision that people around feel is unexpected and unsafe, it turns out the youth involved had been brooding on the thought of that action for a while.


👉🏽 The thoughts of a man could be the death of that man, but we are not left without a way out, let Everyman put his thoughts under the subjection of the Holy Spirit and the will of God.


Dear Youth, I'm one too. Please, do not brood on dark thoughts, if you can't banish them yourself, speak out! There are true elders around who can help you, some of us even have sincere and godly friends who will definitely put us back on the right track of thoughts. They can't do that if you don't let them know though.... Don't go it alone, please.

Never let your thoughts lead you on a journey to self-destruct. I Love You💓💓


Luke 15:12
[12]The younger one said to him, ‘Father, give me my share of the property now.’ So the man divided his property between his two sons.



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to take a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Exceptional blog and excellent style and design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings! I've been following your site for some time
    now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout
    out from Humble Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the
    fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can certainly see your skills in the work you write.

    The world hopes for more passionate writers such as you who
    aren't afraid to mention how they believe. At all times follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful article! We will be linking to this
    great article on our website. Keep up the good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whao!!! This is a great job done. It shows how powerful our thoughts are which Proverbs 4:20-23 emphasis. God help us. I love this piece and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you too Mimi, 😍
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I hate him! I wish he'd just die!

I lost my phone AGAIN! Why ME?